Forest Master Compact Petrol Wood Chipper 6HP Garden Shredder
The FM6DD is a patent-pending (GB2008049.5) compact petrol wood chipper capable of chipping wood up to 50mm (2 inches) in diameter. The FM6DD’s powerful 6hp LCT engine can rotate the chipper drum at a maximum of 3600rpm. This enables it to easily chip all kinds of freshly cut wood from hard to soft. It is a direct drive for better performance and this also means that there are no belts or chains that you have to keep adjusting.
We have two versions of the FM6DD available, a standard version that features a pull start and an upgraded Electric Start version for those who don’t want to deal with the hassle of a pull start. The electric start version also includes a backup pull start.
The FM6DD has twin reversible blades so that when one side becomes worn from use the blades can simply be turned around to use the second side. This saves the need for constant resharpening and effectively doubles the life of the blades. The lightweight and compact size of the chipper enables it to be extremely manoeuvrable and easy to store. Both the feed hopper and the discharge chute have a hinged chute design, enabling the user to easily access the drum for quick maintenance. The end of the FM6DD’s discharge chute can be angled to direct the chips.
The FM6DD is powered by the latest LCT Maxx Series 208cc 4 Stroke engine. LCT are a US-owned company that manufacture 4 stroke engines that are used in a wide variety of outdoor power equipment.
The powerful and compact wood chipper only requires minimal maintenance, you are only required to check the oil level and the cutting blades of the chipper, both of which can be easily replaced or refilled in just a few short moments.
The entrance leading directly to the cutter (hopper chute) is 95mm x 95mm. The upper section has a CE plate fitted. This safety plate is not required for the USA or Canada.
View the Frequently Asked Questions page to explore all the commonly asked questions regarding the Electric Wood Chipper.
Note that this machine is shipped dry and requires engine oil. Use standard 4 Stroke oil such as 10W-40.
- 6hp 208cc 4 Stroke LCT Maxx Series reliable engine. Direct drive, no belts involved so no loss of performance
- Twin reversible blades giving them a much longer life span
- Direct Drive – No inconvenience of Belts or Chains
- Minimal Maintenance
- This powerful compact chipper will shred just about every type of garden foliage. Will shred branches up to 50 mm
- Lightweight only 38kg*
- The hopper and chute are hinged and can be folded away to minimise its storage capacity. Takes up less space than an average wheelbarrow
- 1 Year Warranty
- Some minor assembly is required
- European Design 008171813
- Internationally Protected (PCT/IB2021/054494)